Final Notes for the Thunder Valley GP presented by the Law Offices of Peter Anderson
1) We anticipate another busy weekend, so if you can, please pre-enter, particularly C2's, as you guys are up first this weekend and always have a big turnout. We intend to get the C2 parade lap off on time and straight to the start line afterward, so you won't want to be standing in line when that happens. Pre-entry is open until 9 pm. tonight, new membership is closed until after the event. If you need a membership, you can take care of it at the track. Saturday sign up will open at 9:30, maybe earlier if we have it together. Sunday racers can sign up after noon on Saturday also, and Sunday sign up will open at 5:30 am.
2) C1's and A/B's also have the option of riding Unclassified or Sportsman to get some track time before their event. Second classes are only $20.
3) The MX track will be open for practice on Fri., normal hours and Sat. till 3pm. TV charges $20 for practice each day. Camping is available starting Fri. night. They will be open all night for late comers, but please check in with the gate crew in the morning to purchase your wristband.
4) Directions: TV is located at the juncture of I-70 and 470. GPS the address, which is located on the flyer for best results.
5) Numbers: If you are a first time racer with us, we will assign you an available number of your choice at the event. We have nice vinyl numbers available on site for only $1 ea. They will easily peel off after the event without damage to what's below. For returning racers, we will no longer allow cobbled up numbers. In addition to the electronic scoring, we hand record every rider coming through. We need to be able to read your numbers from as far away as possible. The only acceptable numbers moving forward are printed graphics, die-cut numbers like sold in shops, or our supplied numbers. If you don't have the correct number on your bike, clear and easy to read, bring an extra $6 to buy some from us. We will no longer allow duct or electric tape numbers, or a single one of our numbers added to an existing printed number. I have instructed the girls to sell numbers only in what is needed. No single numbers will be sold. We will be looking at the beginning of the sight laps and you will be sent back to sign up if you are not in compliance. This will be the policy moving forward. We don't mean to take a hard line on this, but it is just too difficult to score properly otherwise and not fair to us or your fellow competitors.
6) We will have a food vendor on hand through the weekend, please support them if you can.
7) All minors must have a notarized release signed by both parents (or separate one from each parent) on file before they will be allowed to participate. The release in printable form is located directly above this text. Please bring it with you to the event. If you have already submitted one, it is good for the whole season.
8) For all the latest information throughout the race weekend, subscribe to our Text Interactions hot line.Text: CORCS to 856 888-4636. This will send updates and info to you all through the weekend. We may update status periodically on the FB page also, but the texts come to you, you don't have to look for them.
9) Pit Riding: There is no pit riding/racing allowed at any events for the safety of all. We will not be using the MX section next to the Hwy. for the event. We will allow the kids to ride on it on Sunday, but we do not have the staff to monitor that, so we will need some parents to keep an eye out for safety and any incidents. It will only be open to kids who have raced on Saturday. Please, Sunday racers, stay off it, we need to keep it safe for the kids and don't need any big bikes intermixed with them. You have your parade lap for warmup.
10) The Saturday events will have a riders meeting at 1:30, with parade laps for like courses prior to each race. So 1's will have a parade then race, 2's will have a parade then race, then a parade for the rest of the classes. We have a later start than normal, because we can't access the main track until practice is over for the day. The Mini/Quad 1's will run at the far south end of the parking lot on the abbreviated course, then we'll move to the start line are of the main track for the bigger classes.
11) Jerry Cutright will be on hand as usual, sponsoring the kids raffle at Saturday sign up, followed by 9 square from 5-7pm and Dirt Chruch at 7:30. Times may vary depending upon the finish times of the Jr. events. Last events raffle winners are: Cy Poss, Alice Foulk and Hudson Kobilan
12) As one of the newer sponsors of our series, we will have Amsoil motorcycle products available for purchase at the sign up trailer. 4 St. motor oil, 2 st. gear oil and Pre-Mix on hand. All other oil types can be delivered to future events with prior request.
13) If you have been waiting for your RMATV credit, I just got word they are processing them this week. It looks like it's gonna be a slow process moving forward, so please be patient and work within their time frames. I submit the list shortly following each event, beyond that it is out of my control how it operates. It's a generous benefit they offer, we need to all be gracious enough to utilize it as presented.
14) Sara will be on hand, shooting pictures as usual. She normally has them up and ready for purchase the weekend following the event. Notifications of that will be posted here.
15) It is important for us to keep the track watered throughout the day this weekend. We could use some volunteers willing to man a hose for an event or or two. If you're able send me a PM when you could help during the day.
16) Looks like temps around 90 for the weekend, so be sure to be hydrating now.