Final notes for the RAM HS presented by the Law Offices of Peter Anderson.
Special thanks to Ray and the crew at RAM for allowing us to change their date this season. As noted previously, the dry winter put the folks down at Cactus Flats in a tough place with their cattle for the summer. We're looking forward to an all new course down there in September.......should be awesome!
1) We anticipate another busy weekend, so if you can, please pre-enter, particularly Quads. We intend to get the Quad parade lap off on time and straight to the start line afterward, so you won't want to be standing in line when that happens. Pre-entry is open until 9 pm. tonight, new membership is closed until after the event. If you need a membership, you can take care of it at the track. Saturday sign up will open at 9:30, maybe earlier if we have it together. Sunday racers can sign up after noon on Saturday also, and Sunday sign up will open at 5:30 am.
2) C2's and A/B's also have the option of riding Unclassified or Sportsman to get some track time before their event. Second classes are only $20.
3) Gates will open at 2pm on Friday for weekend campers. They will be open all night for late comers, but please check in with the gate crew in the morning to purchase your wristband.
4) Directions: RAM is located exactly next door to the east of Aztec off Hwy. 94 in Colorado Springs.
5) Numbers: If you are a first time racer with us, we will assign you an available number of your choice at the event. We have nice vinyl numbers available on site for only $1 ea. They will easily peel off after the event without damage to what's below. For returning racers, we will no longer allow cobbled up numbers. In addition to the electronic scoring, we hand record every rider coming through. We need to be able to read your numbers from as far away as possible. The only acceptable numbers moving forward are printed graphics, die-cut numbers like sold in shops, or our supplied numbers. If you don't have the correct number on your bike, clear and easy to read, bring an extra $6 to buy some from us. We will no longer allow duct or electric tape numbers, or a single one of our numbers added to an existing printed number. I have instructed the girls to sell numbers only in what is needed. No single numbers will be sold. We will be looking at the beginning of the sight laps and you will be sent back to sign up if you are not in compliance. This will be the policy moving forward. We don't mean to take a hard line on this, but it is just too difficult to score properly otherwise and not fair to us or your fellow competitors.
6) We will have the Crash Site food vendor on hand through the weekend, please support them if you can.
7) All minors must have a notarized release signed by both parents (or a separate one from each parent) on file before they will be allowed to participate. The release in printable form is located directly above this text. Please bring it with you to the event. If you have already submitted one, it is good for the whole season.
8) For all the latest information throughout the race weekend, subscribe to our Text Interactions hot line.Text: CORCS to 856 888-4636. This will send updates and info to you all through the weekend. We may update status periodically on the FB page also, but the texts come to you, you don't have to look for them.
9) Pit Riding: There is no pit riding/racing allowed at any events for the safety of all. We will not be using the MX section next to the Hwy. for the event. We will allow the kids to ride on it on Sunday, but we do not have the staff to monitor that, so we will need some parents to keep an eye out for safety and any incidents. It will only be open to kids who have raced on Saturday. Please, Sunday racers, stay off it, we need to keep it safe for the kids and don't need any big bikes intermixed with them. You have your parade lap for warmup.
10) The Saturday events will have a riders meeting at 11:30, with parade laps for like courses prior to each race. So 1's will have a parade then race, 2's will have a parade then race, then a parade for the rest of the classes.
11) Jerry Cutright will be on hand as usual, sponsoring the kids raffle at Saturday sign up, followed by 9 square from 5-7pm and Dirt Chruch at 7:30. Last events raffle winners are: Shelby Foulk, Sophie Wills, Matthew Johnson.
12) As one of the newer sponsors of our series, we will have Amsoil motorcycle products available for purchase at the sign up trailer. 4 St. motor oil, 2 st. gear oil and Pre-Mix on hand. All other oil types can be delivered to future events with prior request.