Sorry about the late breaking race notes..........but day job.
Finally, one of our favorite stops on the Law Offices of Peter Anderson CORCS series is up!
If you've never been, expect a mixture of fast and fun vet style track and a mixture of hardpack and sandy off road sections. Typical course length is 4+ miles. It looks like the weather is gonna work with us for Sunday at least with a nice cool down showing in the forecast. As you may have noticed, we have tightened up the schedule a bit, both in an effort for some relief in the summer weather, and to work better at staying on schedule through the day. I think you'll find though, at the end of the day, the majority will be running about the usual advertised time/length, and not actually over it, as what usually happens. We'll be looking for feedback afterwards.
1) Camping is ok, no fires
2) The Crash Site folks will be on hand through the weekend serving up yummy burgers and other sandwiches, please support them if you can.
3) Minors need to have a notarized form signed by both parents on file, bring one with you to the event, or have both parents on site to sign with our notary. If there is a problem with this, please contact us before heading out.
4) RAM is open today until 1pm for practice, then we will close down the park for prep.
5) Jerry Cutright and the FCA crew will be on hand for Saturday evening Dirt Church and 9 Square
6) Saturday events will commence at 11:30 with a riders meeting, then we will start practice laps and races in the order they are on the flyer. If you are in a later race, you can arrive later, no need to hang around all day.
7) Sign up will be open from 10am -5pm Saturday, 6 am - 2pm Saturday.
7) We will have entry forms and a contact sheet for those looking to join/form a team on hand for the upcoming 12hr event.
Speaking of the 12 hr. I have to reiterate again, how much fun this event is. If you've never done it, in simple terms, it's a relay event for up to four riders/bikes over 12 hrs., most laps win. Lots of strategy, punctuated by hanging out with your best riding friends all day. This years course will be a combo of Aztec, RAM and Wildrat, with staging at Aztec. Rules are on the entry form and on the 12 hr. page of the website, where the entry form can also be printed from. This is a mail/fax/scan entry, not on-line like you're used to.
Please help us by getting your entries in ASAP.....we will be accepting them this weekend on site also. More details to follow after this weekend!
Thank you all for supporting us through the season......pre-entries for RAM are strong and we expect a great turnout.
And........please be thankful for our crew while you're out here. They are here for the whole weekend, in the heat and dust, helping to sustain a great racing community purely for the love of the sport. It only happens because they keep coming back.